This convenient recipe packs everything you need for dinner: your dose of lean protein, omega 3s, and vitamins (pineapple is particularly high in vitamin C). Studies also show that spicy foods may jump-start your metabolism, so don’t be afraid to sprinkle on the chili flakes!
2 medium onions
1 green pepper
2 ripe avocados
1 small bunch of cilantro
1 1/2 pounds firm-fleshed white fish fillets (tilapia, bass, etc.)
12 flour tortillas
10 large tomatillos
1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple (the sweetened kind)
1 canned chipotle chili in adobo sauce, plus 1 teaspoon adobo
1. Caramelize your onions for the tacos. Set aside.
2. As those are sautéing, light your grill. Grill up the tomatillos and onions for the salsa first.
3. Go back inside and prepare the rest of the salsa. If it sits for a bit after you’re finished, the flavors will have a chance to mingle together and become even more delicious.
4. Grill your fish, and warm your tortillas.
5. Assemble your tacos. Dig into the salsa. Enjoy with a margarita in hand, and be happy it’s summer.
More reading from Food52.com: