AKT in Motion’s client list includes devotees like Kelly Ripa, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Shakira.
So, you’d think the creator and founder behind the smart dance-cardio workout, Anna Kaiser, might be a tad, say, fancy—but that’s quite the opposite.
“AKT is not a hoity-toity club for the uber-glam,” explains Kaiser, who oozes BFF friendliness and eighty-trillion megawatts of energy. “It’s a fun, positive, exciting workout that prevents plateaus and boredom.”
Kaiser (and her students) get a serious glow when she teaches, which, of course, counts toward her beauty regimen and adds to her overall health.
“If we’re happy in our profession, surround ourselves with incredible, diverse, positive people, and get enough sleep, we can live forever,” says Kaiser. “But beautiful skin would be nice, too! That’s why I am on a new-found quest to find the best all-natural beauty products around.”
Here’s what the dance cardio queen is stocking her gym bag with right now. —Jamie McKillop
1. Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser ($75) We cannot begin to discuss natural beauty products without mentioning Tata Harper. She is the best. She grows ingredients for her products on her farm in Vermont. Trust me. It is worth the price. I use her Regenerating Cleanser and Rebuilding Moisturizer on a daily basis. Light, yet effective, with a refreshing natural scent. It feels like food for your skin when you put it on.
2. W3LL PEOPLE Hypnotist Mineral Eyeliner ($16.50) I cannot go without liner, whether performing in class, or meeting my husband at the restaurant around the corner—I must outline the “windows to my soul.” W3LL PEOPLE has a wonderful natural option called Hypnotist Mineral Eye Pencil that doesn’t sting or stain your eyelids and even contains aloe to moisturize. Boom!
3. Kiehl’s Crème de Corps Soy Milk and Honey Whipped Body Butter ($38) I love Kiehl’s Crème de Corps Soy Milk and Honey Whipped Body Butter, especially in the winter. It’s divine. I usually apply it before bed, and fall asleep in cloud of sweet yummy warmth. Super luxurious and hydrating.
4. Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda ($6) Shampoo? Honestly, it’s tough to find an organic and natural version that doesn’t leave your hair feeling stripped, tangled, or dry. The best is DIY. I make a paste with baking soda and water! It removes oil without stripping your hair and, oddly, leaves it relatively tangle-free. I know it sounds weird but you have to try it!
5. Zoya Nail Polish ($7) Nail polish is potentially the worst product—formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl phthalate are extremely toxic and are pretty much in every nail polish imaginable. Why take the time to eat healthy if you are exposing your largest organ (skin) to crazy toxic chemicals? There are a couple of polish brands that stay away from harsh chemicals, but wear well. Zoya is one of them. Check it out.
For more information, visit www.aktinmotion.com