British interior designer India Hicks (who was famously a flower girl in Princess Diana’s wedding) is glow-y and gorgeous at 45, which probably has something to do with her charmed life on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. She recently launched the India Hicks Island Living collection on HSN.com to share a tiny taste with the rest of us.
But the former model’s focus on wellness also can’t hurt—she believes in nourishing her body from both the inside and out.
Hicks runs marathons, drinks green juice daily, is passionate about wearing sunscreen, and is a strong proponent of the occasional massage. “This sounds like an unnecessary luxury, but I strongly believe when the muscles are relaxed, your mind is clearer and sleep is easier,” Hicks says.
Here, she shares the products that support her beauty-boosting lifestyle.
1. Rodin by Recine Luxury Hair Oil ($65) Living in the humid tropics you are forever fighting frizz. The lovely Linda Rodin gave me this product, which she developed, and now we’re fighting the frizz fight with some success!
2. Cowshed Horny Cow Seductive Bath and Massage Oil ($31) My other half David loves a Horny Cow—a floral spicy blend of rose, patchouli, and cinnamon. This also helps me combat the drying air of airplanes, and I am in them quite a lot.
3. India Hicks Island Living Spider Lily Hand Cream ($51) Ultra-moisturizing with nut oil, shea butter, and aloe. And of course the smell of night-blooming jasmine green palm fronds and sea air, reminding me of home wherever I am in the world.
4. Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith’s Rosebud Lip Salve ($6) I am never without one of these charming little tins of rosebud lip salve. I use it not only on my lips and my cuticles, but also on my children’s dry skin patches.
5. Elemis Aching Muscle Super Soak ($63.50) I run marathons, bike race, and work out with weights quite a bit. My body is always in need of a healing moment or two. And this bath soak helps substantially. —Lisa Elaine Held