Jennifer Zuccarini is on a mission to make you sexy—and she’s an expert at it, trust us.
The Manhattan-based designer co-founded the high-end lingerie label Kiki de Montparnasse nearly ten years ago, and worked as the design director at Victoria’s Secret before launching her own lingerie and ready-to-wear brand, Fleur du Mal, in 2012.
And what’s the second closest thing to being in your bra and underwear? Well, being naked. “If you’re investing in lingerie, you’re showing your skin, whether it’s for someone else or for you,” Zuccarini says. “Lingerie is intimate—it’s touching your skin. The same thing goes for your beauty routine.”
While Zuccarini can’t resist a deep red lipstick by Tom Ford, she loves discovering new products in European drugstores and is “usually drawn to the natural ones.”
Find out what this underpinnings ace slathers on her skin to keep it smooth, sexy, and naturally beautiful. —Molly Gallagher
1. Dr. Bronner’s Magic All-One Fresh-Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil ($14.99) This is my favorite all-purpose beauty product—I’ve been using it for years. I mix it with my regular body moisturizer every day to make my skin extra soft. I also sometimes use it on my face at night, as a lip balm, or in my hair. My mother uses it too, so maybe that’s how I learned about it.
2. Caudalie Vinoperfect Enzymatic Peel Mask ($40) I try to use this peel-mask combo once a week. I don’t like using harsh scrubs on my face—but this one is gentle and really makes my skin glow. It’s also perfect after a long flight.
3. Nuxe Micellar Foam Cleanser with Rose Petals ($22) I love nothing more than perusing the aisles of European pharmacies, which is how I discovered Nuxe. It’s light, foamy because of the pump, and removes all of my makeup. Plus it smells like roses.
4. Dr. Hauschka Almond Soothing Bath Essence ($29.95) During the winter, I take a bath almost every night. It’s my little oasis. I really like all of Dr. Hauschka’s bath oils—and I’ll pick one depending on what I’m in the mood for. This one chills me out.
5. Tata Harper Repairative Moisturizer ($100) I just started using this moisturizer and it’s amazing! I love the way it feels on my skin and I love the scent.
For more information, visit www.fleurdumal.com