As former Miss World, one of Bollywood’s most popular actresses, and now a network fixture as the star of ABC’s Quantico, Priyanka Chopra has the whole beautiful thing down.
She travels with a suitcase filled with beauty products (literally), but of that barely any of it is makeup. Instead, she tends to go for homeopathic and Ayurvedic skin care, she says.
More reading: Ayurvedic tips for great skin
“I hate makeup,” Chopra confesses. “Well, I can’t say I hate it, because I wear it so much with work. But whenever I’m not on set, I like to give my skin a break. All I carry with me is my skin care. When you travel across a continent every two weeks, it’s really important to take care of your skin.”
More reading: 14 beauty uses for coconut oil
Because she was born in India, Chopra says she’s always been aware of Ayurvedic beauty practices, and grew up on coconut oil and herbal remedies, and she counts on them for keeping her skin healthy. Here are some of the products she’s loving now. —Jamie McKillop
1. SK-II Facial Treatment Mask ($87) My go-to travel “hydrator” for my skin. Given how much time I spend on airplanes, this mask immediately moisturizes my skin, leaving it soft and luxurious. Just slap it on an hour before you land at your destination and voilà … you will land looking fresh as a daisy.
2. Lucas’ Pawpaw Ointment ($12) This miracle in a little red tube is made with Carica papaya and has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. It can cure everything from chapped lips to insect bites and minor burns. I always have a tube of this in my bag.
3. Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil ($3) Nothing keeps my lips as soft and plump like Burt’s Bees, plus I love the hint of color that it gives my lips.
4. Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil ($15) I do a warm coconut oil hair massage—this is a definite must for me and I try to do this as often as I can, given the regular beating my hair takes. Coconut oil is rich in vitamins and minerals. It keeps the hair strong, nourished and protected and even prevents hair loss. Let’s not forget the therapeutic effects of a good head massage! A great stress buster!
5. Kailas Jeevan Multipurpose Ayurvedic Cream ($14) Now this is truly one of those Ayurveda products that can cure everything from acne and burns to a cough and everything in between. And it can be used both externally and also consumed internally. I always have a ton of this with me. It’s made of a mix of a lot of natural herbs and oils like sandalwood, camphor, and coconut oil, among other things. Trust me when I say, a dollop of this will keep many doctors away.
For more information, visit facebook.com/priyankachopra
(Photo: Priyanka Chopra)