Alicia Rountree is more than just a pretty face.
Sure, the 29-year-old Mauritius-born model has posed for Victoria’s Secret, Vogue, and Harper’s Bazaar, but that’s just her day job. She moonlights as a multi-hyphenate wellness entrepreneur: she’s the co-owner of healthy Nolita hotspot Tartinery, has a degree from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, and just collaborated with her trainer Robert Brace on a barre-workout app called Ballet Body.
“I grew up on an island in a very healthy environment,” Rountree says. “I was always outdoors swimming and running around, so being healthy comes really naturally for me. Working out just makes me feel more like myself.”
Outside of training with Brace, Rountree is a regular at SLT, Trinity Boxing Club, and dabbles in yoga. And as a fashion connoisseur with major healthy habits, she practically has a PhD in amazing activewear.
“The best shop in New York City for workout clothes is Bandier,” she says. “I want to buy everything from this store. If I have a cool outfit on, it motivates me so much more to go work out.”
Here’s what’s in her workout wardrobe right now. —Jamie McKillop
1. K-Deer ‘Alexis Stripe’ Haute Capri ($88) These are my fave cropped leggings. The stripes are very flattering and the waistband comes up high and stays put. I wear these leggings to barre class during the weekend and roll right over to brunch. I usually pair it with a black t-shirt or sweater.
2. Michi Antigravity Bra ($85) Michi brings a sporty and contemporary edge. I like this bra because I don’t only wear it to work out. It looks great under a tank top and paired with jeans. The soft, mesh fabric peeking out adds a stylish, cool vibe.
3. Alo Goddess Ribbed Legging ($92) I love, love, love this brand. I just shot their campaign and lookbook. Everything about these yoga pants is flattering—they’re called “goddess” for a reason. They slim the inner and outer-thighs and lift the booty—always a good thing! But I think the coolest aspect of these leggings is the ribbed part that reminds me of [the legwarmer looks in] Flashdance. I wear them for yoga, running errands, or just hanging out at home. They are so comfy.
4. Isabel Marant Bobby Hidden-Wedge Sneakers ($670) I wear these every single day, whether it’s going to a casting to add a little height but still look casual, or to and from a workout class. They’re perfect for summer and winter—so versatile.
5. Spiritual Gangster Script Raglan Sweatshirt ($88) First of all, I just love the name of this brand. Kind of describes me perfectly! The color is perfect for spring and summer. I like to wear this sweater with jean cutoffs for walks on the beach with my dog, Ella, or to stay warm after a workout.
For more information, visit www.aliciarountree.com