MISSION WELLNESS: SEEKING THE NEXT HEALTHY TRAVEL INNOVATION
In order to be considered, applicants must be creating a product or service that enables healthier travel.
The Eligibility guidelines are:
- Must be a U.S. company authorized to do business in the all 50 states.
- The company is a startup with less than $2M in funding and has been in business for less than 3 years, with less than 25 employees.
- The company has demonstrated proof of concept through prototype, physical product or consumer engagement.
- The owners of the company are ready to launch their business to a broader audience.
- Employees of Six Continents Hotels, Inc. (owner of the EVEN Hotels brand), Well+Good and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Sponsor: Well+Good LLC, 33 W 17th St., New York, NY 10011
PHASE 1: COMPLETE APPLICATION
Online applications for MISSION WELLNESS will officially launch Monday, September 19, 2016 on www.wellandgood.com. All submissions must be received by 5:00PM EST on September 29, 2016.
PHASE 2: THE DELIBERATION
Well+Good and the EVEN Hotels brand of IHG will review all eligible applications and may contact your company to find out more information about your company and its product to help determine the finalists and create finalist profiles. On Monday, October 10, 2016, Well+Good will announce the 12 finalists and publish a profile for each based on their application form and interviews.
PHASE 3: VOTING
On Monday, October 10, 2016, online voting will officially launch on www.wellandgood.com to determine the one winner of MISSION WELLNESS. Online voting closes 5:00PM EST on October 20, 2016.
PHASE 4 THE WINNER
The winner will be announced October 24, 2016. The winner will be awarded a package prize valued over $10K.
JUDGING CRITERIA: HOW WE CHOOSE THE FINALISTS
Well+Good and the EVEN Hotels brand will use the following criteria when evaluating applications:
INNOVATION: Is this product or concept truly innovative and impactful on the future of healthy travel?
THE TEAM: Composition of the team, background history and accomplished milestones prior to this startup.
BUSINESS VIABILITY: Is this a business that your team can effectively scale?
Candidates will be evaluated according to the judging criteria laid out above, placing a high degree of importance on the impact the innovation has on healthy travel, the team, and the nominee’s ability to execute and scale the concept.
RULES & REGULATIONS
There is no application fee. Applications must be received by Thursday 5:00PM EST on September 29, 2016.
Entries must be the original work of the entrant. Entries are subject to the following requirements:
- The Submission must be in English;
- The Submission must represent your original work and ideas;
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or the EVEN Hotel brand, or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not feature brand names or trademarks other than those you own;
- The Submission must not contain text that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain text that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The information disclosed in the application form is considered of public domain and can be used by Well+Good and the EVEN Hotels brand for marketing and PR purposes.
Before submitting applications, contestants are urged to confirm with appropriate advisors or legal counsel that any intellectual property described in their summary is protected; i.e., by appropriate intellectual property filings, notices, (patent, copyright, etc) by the owning institution and/or individuals.
All teams are required to participate in media and press opportunities related to MISSION WELLNESS. This includes, but is not limited to, the following opportunities:
- Any team may be asked to provide a company description that will be made available to media and may be released publicly, either in part or in its entirety.
- Any team may be asked to speak to the media for competition related interviews.
- Any team may be asked to provide quotes and/or content for any competition related press releases and media.
Participating in media and press opportunities in no way, shape, or form requires teams to disclose any proprietary or otherwise confidential information related to their businesses.
The winner’s prize includes the following components:
- Featured spot on a Times Square billboard
- Advertising and editorial coverage on Well+Good
- Product placement in multiple EVEN Hotels
- Feature on WellWellWell.com
- Cash prize
Note that any prize award will be subject to appropriate state and federal tax laws and regulatory compliance. $3,000 awarded in the form of a check to be used by winner to help offset winner’s tax liability in connection with the Grand Prize (Approximate Retail Value “ARV”=$10,000).
RELEASE: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and Six Continents Hotels, Inc. and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Sponsor and Six Continents Hotels, Inc. reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia or the appropriate Georgia State Court located in Dekalb County, Georgia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.