Brooklyn is known for many things: hipsters, flea markets, and snout-to-tail restaurants included.
Of course, this is just one PR slice of New York City’s trendiest borough, which lately has been cultivating a serious health scene—we’re talking cycling, rowing, and Megaformer studios in Williamburg, juice bars in Park Slope, to barre studios in South Brooklyn (at last!).
While a majority of Brooklynites might work in Manhattan, it’s a sign they increasingly want their green juice, CrossFit, and hot yoga way closer to home. Check out this hot list of happenings on Brooklyn’s healthy juice and fitness scene. And don’t forget to pack your wide-rimmed glasses, too.
1. 9 great Brooklyn juice bars
In the borough of Brooklyn, where artisanal bacon and culinary cocktails rule the food scene, juice bars have started to make their cold-pressed presence known.
2. A new specialty running shop that’s made for Brooklyn
Brooklyn Running Co. opens with a cool, community-focused fitness atmosphere in Williamsburg.
3. Is the boutique fitness boom moving to Brooklyn?
Well-known boutique brands SoulCycle, plus indie workout studios for cycling and boot camp, are finally venturing across the Williamsburg Bridge.
4. Brooklyn Bodyburn brings the Megaformer workout to Williamsburg
New York’s hippest ‘hood gets its first taste of Sebastian Lagree’s Megaformer workout.
5. My Weekly Workout: The Brooklyn Peaches
The beauties behind this synchronized swimming club suit up for a week of workouts, whether in a retro bathing cap or a pair of yoga pants.
6. Brooklyn (finally) gets its first barre studios
This fall, two national barre brands officially plant their flags in South Brooklyn.
7. New York gets its first cycling-yoga combo studio
Williamsburg’s new Syncstudio pairs pedaling and pranayama.
8. A kale garden grows in Brooklyn
Photo tour: In an era of kale addiction, some Brooklynites have taken to planting their own crops.
9. Brooklyn Grange’s latest crop? Yogis
The famed rooftop farm at the Brooklyn Navy Yard hosts weekly yoga classes—in season, of course.
10. A sweet new Williamsburg shop for natural beauty products
Williamsburg’s Wythe Hotel has a new pop-up shop—and it may feature the borough’s best selection of high-end natural beauty products to date.
Loading More Posts...