Los Angeles is marked by its locals’ toned beach (or canyon) bodies, affection for avocados, and generally blissed-out vibe.
But as a sprawling metropolis, it can be hard to know where to eat healthy and work out without creepily stalking Nicole Richie. And it can be tricky to figure out who to trust for wellness advice when everyone’s carrying a green juice.
Let this be the first page of your GPS guide to LA’s bustling wellness scene. Buckle up and put your sunnies on! —Jamie McKillop
1. Where Los Angeles fitness instructors eat
The healthy dining hotspots where West Coast fitness pros make reservations or have a quick meal when they’re in a, well, crunch.
2. 11 super-pretty Los Angeles and San Francisco yoga studios
Drop-dead gorgeous Golden State studios to put on your chaturanga checklist.
3. The Well+Good map of Los Angeles juice bars
Know your green juice geography. The ultimate juice bar map to Los Angeles—from Kreation and Pressed to Moon Juice and Mojo.
4. New heights: Yoga on a helipad
Serene Social, the cool women’s wellness community that brings you summertime rooftop yoga in New York City, is now offering a class on a helipad in Los Angeles.
5. Meet the stylish, 34-year-old leader of Los Angeles’ Kundalini scene
Kundalini is attracting more devotees—thanks in large part to a charismatic young teacher who’s got both cool factor and spirituality in spades.
6. My Five Beauty Obsessions: Amanda Chantal Bacon
Yes, green juice gets a lot of the credit for the Moon Juice founder’s glow. But the cool, Los Angeles beauty likes these indie skin-care salves and oils, too.
7. Iobella’s heated workout pods steam up Los Angeles
This buzzy workout puts you and Pilates-like moves inside a heated pod, ostensibly for the purpose of “melting fat” while you sculpt and tone.
8. Class Action: K Training in Los Angeles
This innovative functional-training workout uses the TechnoGym pulley-based Kinesis Wall and heart-rate monitor data to make sure you’re bringing your A game.
9. How this Los Angeles ad exec became a full blown organic farming nerd
Former child star Lucas Donat could’ve gone the infinity-pool-and-cabanas route with his Malibu pad. Instead, he grew a massive and inspiring backyard farm.