Every Tuesday, we scan Food52′s delectable menu of recipes for the healthiest picks they’ve got—bringing you seasonal, scrumptious fare that’s also really good for you.
This weekend, lots of people will be sitting down to Passover Seders and Easter dinners. Food52 created creative menu plans for both occasions, but the Passover menu is heavier on healthy veggies. We chose to highlight this dish off the menu, since carrots are veritable vitamin powerhouses. Serve it alongside this Marinated Cauliflower and Roasted Broccoli with Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette.
Moroccan Carrot Salad with Harissa
2 tablespoons Harrisa
4 tablespoons chopped preserved lemon (about one lemon)
5 cloves of garlic chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 bunch cilantro
salt & pepper
1. Cut the carrot to rounds about 1/2 cm thick.
2. Boil 4 cups of water and add salt.
3. Boil the carrot for 10 min until soft but still have some bite to it. Drain, let dry and cool.
4. Mix the carrot with the rest of the ingredients and let it sit in the fridge at least over night.
5. Before serving, check and see if the salad needs more salt or vinegar.
Serve at room temperature.
More healthy recipes from Food52.com: