Every Tuesday, we scan Food 52′s delectable menu of recipes for the healthiest picks they’ve got—bringing you seasonal, scrumptious fare that’s really good for you.
1 teaspoon vegetable/peanut oil
1 cup shelled peas, rinsed and well drained
1/2 teaspoon (sea) salt
1/2 teaspoon dried mint
2 tablespoons White wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
1-2 red chilies, chopped and deseeded (if you like)
1. In a pan, heat up the oil and add the peas. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes till the peas change colour and brighten. Turn off heat.
2. Add the dried mint and a pinch of salt to taste, followed by the vinegars, sugar, garlic and chopped red chilies
3. Stir well so all the ingredients are well mixed. Adjust seasoning to taste.
4. Pour in a clean jar and leave overnight for the flavours to blend and marry.
5. Serve on a bed of lettuce with tomatoes and oven-fresh/bakery fresh bread!
More healthy recipes from Food52.com: