Every Tuesday, we scan Food52′s delectable menu of recipes for the healthiest picks they’ve got—bringing you seasonal, scrumptious fare that’s really good for you.
Roasted Eggplant with Artichoke Hearts and Salsa Verde
Makes 2 side servings
4 Japanese eggplant (1 small regular), cut into ½ inch rounds
1 small red onion, quartered and sliced
6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon capers
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 445 degrees.
2. In a large rimmed baking dish, combine the eggplant, onion, and artichoke hearts with a glug of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Toss until fully coated, and then shake the pan to make sure the vegetables lie flat and have the maximum possible surface area exposed. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. With a spatula, redistribute the vegetables so they brown on the opposite side, and return to the oven for another 10-20 minutes, until the vegetables are dark brown and caramelized.
3. In the meantime, combine the capers, herbs, anchovy paste, lemon juice, oil and salt in a small bowl and whisk until fully incorporated.
4. When the vegetables have finished roasting, toss them together with the salsa verde.
5. To serve, top a centerpiece protein (I recommend a fish fillet) with the eggplant mixture, or arrange on a side platter, and garnish with some chopped chives.
More healthy recipes from Food52.com:
Loading More Posts...