By Briana Rognlin for Blisstree.com
Almonds are pretty much the perfect healthy snack: They contain a great balance of protein, fiber, and healthy fats; plus they’re convenient. But plain, raw or roasted almonds can get really boring.
Lest you be tempted to douse them in chocolate, or some otherwise unhealthy topping, out of boredom, we rounded up some healthy almond recipes–no gross preservatives or piles of sugar–to make your afternoon snack more exciting. Check them out:
1. Chipotle: Does anything not taste better with chipotle?
Chipotle Spice Roasted Almonds (makes 2 cups) via LivingLou.com
2 cups raw almonds
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp water
1/8 cup sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, combine sugar, salt and chipotle chili powder, set aside.
3. In a medium pot bring honey and water to a boil.
4. Add almonds and stir to coat in honey/water mixture. Continue boiling and stirring until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
5. In one layer, pour almonds onto the prepared baking sheet.
6. Roast for 30 minutes – stirring almonds every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
7. Once fully roasted, pour almonds into a large bowl and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Tossing to coat.
8. Allow nuts to cool, tossing every little while to ensure that they do not stick together. Store in an airtight container.
More from Blisstree.com:
Loading More Posts...