Karlie Kloss seems to actually do it all. The 25-year-old supermodel a tech entrepreneur and is constantly jetting around the globe to appear in runway shows, print campaigns, and the occasional music video (with bestie Taylor Swift, of course).
Crazy-busy life aside, she makes fitness a priority and is committed to sharing that super healthy lifestyle as part of the Karlie Universe. “I like to break a sweat no matter where I am,” Kloss tells InStyle.
And like ClassPass users and fitness omnivores everywhere, she loves to mix up her sweat fests. Behold, the Karlie Kloss guide to staying happy, healthy, and fit—as we follow her feed through a week of her favorite workouts….
1. Go for a run. “Now that the weather is getting nice again, I’m such a fan of just throwing your tennis shoes on and just going for a run wherever I am,” Kloss tells InStyle. “I love being outside…I travel so much, so what I love doing is that I bring my tennis shoes with me to every city that I go to and just go for a run—whether I’m in Paris or Barcelona or even New York.” (Kloss even ran a half-marathon—during Paris Fashion Week once, natch.)
2. Hit the barre. Kloss is well known for her love of barre (and barre-ish) classes, particularly modelFIT and Ballet Beautiful. “I create strength by exercising my body and mind,” she writes on Instagram.
4. Become a Pilates pro. The reformer is your friend—especially if it’s in a sun-filled, airy loft, like modelFIT’s, where Kloss has snapped more than one of her fitspo photos for Instagram.
5. Use props! From medicine balls, BOSUs, and balance balls to jump ropes and resistance bands, Kloss is all about pushing herself past basic bodyweight moves to get an added burn.
6. Planks are the Taylor Swift of workouts. Seriously, they’re everyone’s BFF. The simple move (and its many versions) helps give this supermodel super strength.
7. When in doubt, stretch it out. A few yoga poses or stretches a day keep the injuries away. A nice background? That’s certainly a mood-boosting bonus.
Here’s what fitness models do for meals and workouts. Need some running inspo? Here’s how Jennifer Aniston banishes running boredom and takes things up a notch.
This story was originally published on April 18, 2016; it was updated on July 24, 2018.
Loading More Posts...