Ballerina-turned-yogi April Martucci is the founder of FireDragonYoga, which she teaches at the Sports Club/LA and Reebok Sports Club in New York—and to her celebrity clients, like Jessica Seinfeld, Mariel Hemingway, and Bethenny Frankel.
And like a lot of big-name teachers, Martucci leads retreats around the world.
While most people who travel constantly for work burnout and dry out (airplane air is not kind), the brunette bombshell has found lots of natural solutions for keeping her yoga-afflicted feet from flaking and locks looking lush (even when a shower between classes is so not going to happen).
Here are the beauty products Martucci totes around town (and on retreats) along with her yoga mat:
1. Dr. Hauschka Moisturizing Day Cream ($63) This is the perfect moisturizer! It’s light (maybe a tad runny) but the results are so worth it. It leaves you with a dewy complexion, and has this earthy scent that makes it feel like food for your skin. The wild carrot extract (also known as Queen Anne’s Lace) is what makes it really unique. Its rich in carotenoids and antioxidants that make your skin soft and supple.
2. Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo ($14) I love getting my hair blown out, but it can get expensive. So I use this to maintain the blowout. It lasts so much longer. No water or blow dryer required! It also has a lemon verbena scent which is clean smelling—great right after yoga!
3. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula in a Jar ($6) I’ve been using this for years—it’s a thick butter that smells delicious, and completely removes any dryness. My favorite thing to do is to slather it on my feet, put on thick socks, and go to sleep. In the morning, my feet are luxuriously smooth.
4. Fresh Sugar Lip Polish ($23) My lips get really dry, especially in the winter, so this is my remedy. Plus, the brown sugar crystals smell like candy—you just want to leave it there. It gently exfoliates and conditions with shea butter, leaving lips incredibly soft and smooth. (And kissable!)
5. Dr. Gross All-in-One Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 ($25) For years I’ve wanted a make-up product that evens out my skin tone without looking like I’m wearing make-up. This tinted moisturizer is just that, plus it has anti-aging properties and UVA/UVB sunscreen protection.
Beauty Bonus: BluePrint Excavation Level 3 Cleanse ($75) Topical beauty products are important, but everyone knows beauty shines from the inside. Whenever I’ve over-indulged or I feel sluggish or I notice my skin is looking dull, I order a 3-day Blueprint Cleanse. You reboot your entire system in a short amount of time. Huge fan.
For more on April visit, www.firedragonyoga.com