Grace Atwood, creator of the super chic lifestyle blog Stripes & Sequins, spent eight years in the corporate beauty biz—as a fragrance buyer for Filene’s, and working in the marketing department at Procter & Gamble and Sally Hansen.
So you might imagine her beauty routine is one of full of traditional fragrances and face washes—but she’s a total natural products convert, says the New Yorker, who now keeps her Elizabeth Dehn for One Love Organics Moisture Mist at her desk.
As to the reason for her change of heart? “I would hear so many terrible things about the chemicals,” says Atwood, who now also works as the director of social media for BaubleBar and is relaunching her blog as The Stripe this January.
“It’s taken time for me to find products that work,” she says, “but the ones I have found, I’m diehard loyal towards.”
Read on for the picks that have earned Atwood’s total devotion. —Molly Gallagher
1. Tata Harper Nourishing Oil Cleanser ($64) My skin is really dry and it just soaks this up. It’s a great way to take off makeup and cleanse. I usually double wash at night: I use this and her Detoxifying Cleanser, then I’ll put on a thicker moisturizer or serum. Tata Harper is so incredible. She’s a walking billboard for her products and lives such a balanced life—she runs this huge company, but still has time for her family.
2. Shu Uemura Art of Hair Essence Absolue Nourishing Protective Oil ($68) My hair stylist at Sally Hershberger got me addicted to this. It’s not all natural, but my ends are so dry. It’s important for me to moisturize my hair every day, even if I don’t wash it.
3. RMS Lip to Cheek in Smile ($36) This is the prettiest peach shade. My sister and I found it at the Birchbox shop in SoHo. She has dark hair and pale skin, and it looked amazing on both of us. It’s all-natural, and just a beautiful product that really works.
4. Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask ($55) This was the first Tata product I ever tried. It’s not irritating, goes on my face like jelly, and leaves my skin glowing. It’s a miracle worker!
5. Herbal Grace Body Butter ($25) A friend from college found my blog and reached out after 10 years, offering to send me some products. This is her body butter, and it’s so thick and rich. It smells like lavender, but there’s also shea butter and coconut oil in it. I love supporting smaller businesses!
For more information, visit www.stripesandsequins.com
Loading More Posts...