Jill Platner is the healthy, chic New York woman’s go-to jewelry designer.
Platner’s fans, like Elena Brower and Schuyler Grant, love her for her gorgeous exacting metalworking, but also for her healthy approach to maintaining an inner and outer glow. She works out with Madonna’s former trainer and flame Carlos Leon, juices daily, and even recently hosted a Wellness Day at her Soho boutique, all of which leave little time for primping.
“I am very low-key with my hair and beauty rituals,” Platner says. We had her dish on the few products she does work into her beauty routine on a regular basis.
1. Davines Hair Products (Price varies) I love the natural ingredients and the texture they give my hair, especially since I prefer the ease of letting it dry naturally. I get them from my good friend April Barton’s salon, Suite 303 in the Chelsea Hotel.
2. Epicuren Clarify Cleanser ($25) When I work on sculptures, my skin gets coated in metal dust, and this really leaves me clean and soft. I love how nourished my skin feels after using it, and the herbal scent is amazing. I get lots of Epicuren products from my facialist Monique at Haven Spa in Soho.
3. Deborah Lippman Nail Lacquer ($18) This glitter nail polish in “Today was a Fairy Tale” is my favorite. It’s the perfect silver—an obvious choice for me.
4. Coconut Oil I moisturize with a coconut oil blend made by Susan, a girl who I work with at the store! It literally contains coconut oil, argan oil, and a blend of herbs and good energy.
5. Kale Can this be a beauty item? I swear it makes a difference. I drink a kale juice throughout the day that I blend in my Vitamix. I also saute it and make Buddha bowls with organic eggs, avocado, quinoa, and a bit of goat’s milk feta.
Loading More Posts...