The first time model Lindsay Ellingson discovered makeup illuminator, she was backstage at a Dior show. Little did she know, 10 years later, that magical little product (capable of making you look rested and glowy when you’re, well, not) would become the next step in her career.
Ellingson, who’s modeled for high-fashion favorites like Chanel, Zac Posen, and Oscar de la Renta, as well as Victoria’s Secret, just announced her new natural-leaning cosmetics line, Wander, whose debut product is a dual blush-highlighter.
“After modeling for 10 years, I developed such a passion for beauty. I’ve tried and tested everything,” Ellingson says. “I wanted to create a beauty experience for women who don’t have a lot of time to do their makeup and need multitasking products that they can carry with them through their busy days.”
With that in mind, here are Ellingson’s five makeup bag essentials that make her life (much) easier. Unfortunately, she can’t give us the secret to those high cheekbones—that’s all genetics. —Jamie McKillop
1. Wander Beauty On-The-Glow Blush and Illuminator ($35) It’s perfect to carry with me for quick touch-ups throughout the day. One side is a creamy hydrating blush, and the other is our nude glow illuminator. Both sides are infused with vitamins A, C, and, E and free of parabens, mineral oil, and fragrance.
2. Alexandra Soveral Angel Balm ($73) This is the ultimate multi-functional skin-care product. I use it as a face mask, and it’s amazing how it deep cleanses pores and hydrates at the same time. It can also be used as a cuticle cream, lip balm, and face cleanser.
3. Ling Skincare Feeling Beautiful Butter ($35) I use it right out of the shower or while I’m traveling in any dry climate. The Shea butter and olive oil are like food for my skin. The best part is the scent, the mix of essential oils of jasmine and frangipani are so uplifting.
4. Nails Inc Nail Kale Superfood Base Coat ($15) Not only do I love to eat kale, I use it on my nails too. Like most women my nails are rarely without polish. I keep them healthy with base coat. Not only does it strengthen and deeply nourish my nails, it prevents them from staining.
5. ColoreScience Sunforgettable Mineral Sunscreen Brush SPF 30 ($57) I carry my Sunforgettable tinted powder sunscreen with me everywhere. It’s especially great for this time of year when we are all having fun in the sun. It’s so convenient to brush right over my makeup every few hours, it doesn’t look dry or cake-y and my skin stays protected from UVA/UVB rays.
For more information, visit www.wanderbeauty.com
(Photo: Wander Beauty)
Loading More Posts...