Satya Scainetti, the founder of yoga-inspired and spirituality-infused jewelry line, Satya Jewelry, applies her holistic life philosophy to her beauty bag. “I’m a vegetarian, I’m a yogi, and I’m always practicing a really healthy lifestyle, so I approach my beauty products that way, too,” the New Yorker says.
Scainetti prefers a natural complexion, without heavy makeup, but she has a few go-to beauty accents. “When it comes to jewelry, I always wear a mala, and also, a lotus, because it reminds me that there are new possibilities in every day,” she explains.
“Similarly, I would never leave my house without mascara. I have really long, big eyelashes, and I love loading them up. I go through a couple of tubes a month!” And though she’s tried more natural and upscale brands, she reluctantly admits that for her, the green Maybelline tube does it like no other.
Here are the other beauty products that Scainetti stocks in her beauty bag:
1. Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream ($33) This is my go-to face cream, especially during balmy New York City winters. I love how it really nourishes my skin, without feeling heavy. It’s as if a hundred bouquets of roses went into the bottle!
2. Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado ($38) You can actually feel this product working within seconds of applying it, plus, you can easily apply makeup over it—no greasy residue here.
3. Aveda Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother ($25) It took me a long time to find a smoothing serum that kept my hair shiny without weighing it down. I use this before every blow-out to keep frizz at bay.
4. Revolution Organics Freedom Lip Gloss ($25) I always have a tube of this lip gloss in my purse—the glamorous red color looks great alone or as an enhancing layer on top of a lipstick. Plus, my lips always feel nourished after I wear it, as like a lip gloss and a balm in one.
5. Natura Bisse C+C Vitamin Body Scrub ($72) I use this scrub once a week, and I look forward to the refreshing citrusy smell as much as I look forward to how amazingly soft my skin feels afterwards. —Lisa Elaine Held
Loading More Posts...