But the lifestyle finally caught up with her, at which point she found yoga and Pilates as a healthier road to getting the body (and peace of mind) she craved.
When she developed her own technique—the Bradford Method—a Garuda-focused (think uber-reformer machine) workout—her self-care practice became one she could share with others. She now tailors her toning-and-elongating workout offered in Manhattan and East Hampton to her clients’ personal goals.
It’s a similar thing with her pore-perfect skin (we are not exaggerating here). It’s a result of the natural beauty products and Ayurvedic practices she loves—and the healthy post-workout habits she keeps. Here Bradford shares her top five beauty faves with us. —Jamie McKillop
1. Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant ($14) I spend my days stretching my clients and giving tons of manual corrections. I have to stay fresh and Lavanila’s all natural, refreshing clean scents last much longer than other natural deodorants I’ve tried.
2. Hampton Botanicals Refreshing Hydrating Body Mist ($35) This leaves my skin clean and hydrated after a long day of workouts. I spray it on throughout the day to keep my skin dewy fresh.
3. Annmarie Gianni Anti-Aging Serum ($50) I’ve recently started using this amazing serum (the organic ingredients are to die for—and one of them is “love”) and I’ve noticed a huge change in my skin. It’s much firmer and tighter and the fine lines are less noticeable. But the best part about this serum is the way it smells.
4. Earth Science Aloe Vera Complexion Toner ($10) I’ve been using Earth Science’s natural products for years. They’re my go-to beauty line for everything from the aloe vera toner to the chamomile and green tea eye-makeup remover.
5. Trader Joe’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil ($6) On a recent trip to Soukya, a holistic health spa in India, they taught me the ancient Ayurvedic technique of oil pulling. It rids the skin of toxins, cleans the teeth, and the breath. The end result: healthy glowing skin from the inside-out. I use Trader Joe’s coconut oil and swish it around my mouth for about 10 minutes before spitting it out.
For more information, visit www.bradfordmethod.com
Loading More Posts...