Playing catch-up? Here are the week’s five must-read Well+Good stories you may have missed.
1. This is what happens when you eat 40 teaspoons of sugar a day
A new documentary shows what happens to your body if you eat the standard daily amount of sugar. (Hint: The results are truly shocking.)
2. The 5 worst energy drinks that pretend to be healthy
Don’t fall for vague health claims and sugar substitutes—and think twice before you quench your thirst with these.
3. The crazy new way women are making blowouts last through spin class
4. Quick-prep recipe: Turmeric Zucchini Noodles with Cilantro Tahini
This seasonal recipe from rockstar chef Mikaela Reuben combines two healthy passions—veggie “noodles” and inflammation-fighting turmeric, in one easy dish.
5. Taking mushrooms was the most spiritual experience of my life
More scientific research is looking at how meditation and “magic” mushrooms affect the brain in similar ways, creating “mystical experiences”—like mine.
Loading More Posts...