Ten years ago we were guzzling diet soda and rocking trucker hats and low-rise jeans as our uniform of choice. Thankfully, we’ve learned a little since then and now know about the power of plants—and leggings.
Today when you reach for a bottle of liquid goodness, it’s actually made from ingredients that are grown naturally in the ground. But which ingredients are making the wellness world go gaga right now? We put our trend-spotting hats on to find out in our sponsored series Back to the Roots: The Buzziest Things in a Bottle Right Now with our partner, 1915 Bolthouse Farms™.
For the last few weeks, we’ve taken a deep dive into the most-talked-about ingredients, with intel on what makes them so special.
These are the plants that will be the talk of your (healthy) summer:
• Grapefruit, a classic that’s hot again
• Almond milk, a favorite of vegans—and more
• Pineapple, a beachy good time
• Beets, your pre-workout go-to
• Pea protein, the protein drink game-changer
• And romaine, the underdog of the leafy greens