There’s nothing that will make your complexion look better than leafy greens, antioxidant-filled berries, and super-hydrating vegetables. (Bonus points if you find a workout that you love to do daily—sweat is the ultimate natural glow after all!)
I always say, “beauty is an inside job”—and today’s meal plan drills that home. Below, you’ll find some of my favorite skin-clearing, collagen-boosting recipes.
Throughout this day, go heavy on the greens, light on the salt, and try to drink 10 glasses of water with lemon slices. By the end, you’ll look like you’re ready for the runway—or at the very least, happy hour.
Ready to glow? Here’s Candice Kumai’s one-day beauty-boosting meal plan.
Day 3 Breakfast: Berry Beauty Smoothie
1 1/2 cups frozen organic blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries—or try a blend!
1/2 frozen banana, optional
1 cup organic baby spinach
1 scoop super greens, optional
1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Day 3 Lunch: Quinoa Bowl + Miso Vinaigrette
For the bowl
6 large carrots, spiralized (yields 9 cups)
2 cups of shelled organic edamame
2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
1 avocado, cubed
2 Tbsp fresh mint to top
2 Tbsp ground sesame seeds
1. In a medium mixing bowl, add all of your dressing ingredients and whisk well to combine.
2. Add your prepped carrots, edamame, and grains into the dressing bowl. Toss well to coat. Plate up your carrot noodles and grains and top with avocado cubes, fresh mint, and ground sesame seeds.
Day 3 Dinner: Clean Barley Avocado Walnut Soup
3⁄4 cup uncooked hulled barley
1 3⁄4 cups water
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 bay leaves
8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1⁄4 cup raw walnut pieces
1⁄4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
2 cups shredded lacinato kale leaves
1 ripe avocado, sliced
2 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos, or to taste
1. In a medium stockpot, combine the barley with the water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the grains are tender and the water has been absorbed. Cover and set aside.
2. In a large stockpot, warm the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the carrots, celery, and bay leaves and sauté until the veggies are soft, 10 to 12 minutes. Pour in the broth, bring the soup to a light simmer and cook.
3. Stir in the reserved cooked barley, walnut pieces, and nutmeg, and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Remove and discard the bay leaves. Stir in the kale and Bragg Liquid Aminos or soy sauce. Ladle the soup into bowls and top off with avocado slices. Feel free to add unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar to finish, for a little extra cleansing action.
Missed Day 2? De-bloat with Candice Kumai’s inflammation-fighting meal plan.
The (Re)New Year series is not a “New Year, New You” program. (We think you’re pretty great as is!) Instead, we tapped the biggest and best influencers across the wellness space to help kick off the New Year in the best possible way. Between heart-racing workouts, DIY beauty recipes, and killer confidence advice, get ready to have your happiest and healthiest year yet.
Loading More Posts...