This week we’ll catch you up on the year’s news trends that are making a serious impact on the wellness scene.
If you’re trying to avoid the green juice craze, good luck. So far, 2013 has been the year of the cold-pressed beverage in New York, and we predict it’s only going to get juicier.
In case you’ve been hiding out in coffee shops (it won’t work…Starbucks has juice now, too!), we put together this guide to the biggest green juice news you might have missed this year. Sip on a kale-apple-ginger and peruse.
1. The juice on Liquiteria’s big summer plans
After 17 years with one East Village juice bar, indie fave Liquiteria will open two more locations in New York City, both with a food menu.
2. Pret A Manger’s former president to give Organic Avenue a makeover
Organic Avenue is about to get a mainstream makeover.
3. Marcus Antebi’s quest to rule the juice world
The unorthodox Juice Press founder is serious about juice domination.
4. Starbucks’s Evolution Fresh juices launch in New York
Starbucks’s line of cold-pressed juices—including blends like Vital Greens and Essential Vegetable—debut at 200 New York City stores.
5. Juice Generation gets busy—with new locations, a menu revamp, and a book
The company’s been working hard behind the scenes, and the fruits (and vegetables) of its labors are about to show.
6. Expect a juice scene shake-up: Danny Meyer’s Creative Juice debuts
It’s official, the culinary elite are cold-pressing juice. We’re in for a whole new era of delicious juice.
7. Foodie-approved: Kaffe 1668 debuts culinary cold-pressed juices
Why culinary eateries like Kaffe are really spicing up the juice scene.
8. The first cold-pressed juice directory debuts
Organic food blogger Max Goldberg, of Living Maxwell, debuts an online directory for getting your green juice fix on the go.
9. A Blueprint for success
How Erica Huss and Zoe Sakoutis, the founders of Blueprint, helped make juice a hot-and-healthy household necessity—and an industry now worth $2.25 billion.
10. HeartBeet Juicery opens on the Lower East Side
After creating a following for its culinary juices sold online and at Tribeca’s Steven Alan store, HeartBeet Juicery opens a juice takeaway on Stanton Street.
11. Magic Mix Juicery opens in the Financial District
Finding a good green juice in the Financial District just got a whole lot easier with this brand-new raw, vegan cafe.
Loading More Posts...