Foolproof Living blogger Ayşegül Sanford discovered that it’s a delicious starring ingredient in an all-time favorite delivery dish: pad Thai. Just send the root veggie through your spiralizer and—boom!—you’ve got a mouth-watering dish full of un-noodles. (Switching out the rice version for sweet potatoes adds a big dose of vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, and fiber, FYI.)
And since the dish is packed with plenty of edamame and peanut butter, there’s way more protein in it than what you’d get in your usual takeout order. Feel free to tip yourself for a speedy delivery.
Keep reading to get the recipe for this protein-packed sweet potato pad Thai.
Sweet potato pad Thai
For the dressing
3 Tbsp unsweetened and smooth peanut butter
3 Tbsp tamari
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp vegetable stock
For the pad Thai
1 Tbsp of olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced thinly
2 medium-size sweet potatoes, peeled and spiralized
1/4 cup vegetable stock
1/2 cup edamame
3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1. Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until you’re ready to use it.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet in medium heat. Add in the onion and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, five minutes.
3. Add in the sweet potato noodles and vegetable stock and cook, stirring frequently, for seven minutes.
4. Pour the dressing over the noodles and give it a large stir, making sure that the noodles are coated with the dressing. Cook three minutes until it’s warm.
5. Off the heat, stir in the edamame and chopped cilantro.
6. To serve, divide the pad Thai in four bowls and garnish each one with sesame seeds, green onions, and peanuts.
Each week we spotlight a healthy-delish recipe that’s truly genius (and easy to make) from someone who’s wowed us in the food world. We’re talking buzzy cookbook authors and Instagram foodies to brilliant chefs. Get more must-try, mind-blowing ideas from the Recipe of the Week archive.
Loading More Posts...