Most mornings, Rachel Mansfield (the brains behind the healthy treats-heavy Instagram account @rachlmansfield) can be found in her light-filled New York City studio experimenting with oat flour, almond butter, and maple syrup. It is, indeed, a sweet life.
So we teamed up with Amazing Grass to take you inside. In the tips-packed video above, Mansfield spills the details of her morning routine, including a genius eyebrow-taming trick, a simple happiness hack, and her go-to breakfast for a quick, nutrition-packed bite.
The key ingredient? Chocolate Amazing Grass Green Superfood, filled with nutrient-dense greens (wheat grass is the star) and nutritious fruits and veggies. “It gives me a ton of the superfood greens like wheat grass, spirulina, and chlorella—not to mention pineapple, açaí, beets, and carrots—but all the chocolate flavor I really crave,” Mansfield says.
Take a peek inside her succulent-filled NYC pad (with views of the Statue of Liberty!) to see a play-by-play of all the healthy-baking action.
Mouth watering? Scroll down for Mansfield’s quick and clean superfood granola cups recipe.
Homemade Chocolate Superfood Granola Cups
Yields 6-8 cups
1 1/2 cups oats
1/4 cup almond flour
1 scoop Amazing Grass Green Superfood Chocolate
1 tsp cinnamon
1 chia egg (1 tsp ground chia seeds + 2 tsp warm water)
1/3 cup coconut oil (melted and cooled)
1/4 cup creamy almond butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake or muffin tin with liners.
2. Mix ground chia seeds and warm water to create chia egg in a small bowl.
3. Mix together dry ingredients (oats, almond flour, Amazing Grass Green Superfood Chocolate, and cinnamon) in a medium bowl.
4. Mix together wet ingredients (chia egg, coconut oil, almond butter, and maple syrup) in another medium bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
5. Fill each liner halfway full and lightly pack the mixture into each cup, shaping it high on the sides. Bake 16–20 minutes.
6. Remove and let cool completely, then add your desired toppings, like yogurt, fruit, or more.
Want to simplify your morning routine? Amazing Grass Green Superfood mixes into water or smoothies for a grab-and-go vitamin boost. Get 30 percent off your order with code WELL&GOOD30 through 8/31/17 at amazinggrass.com!