“My grandma was always a proponent of beauty starting from the inside,” the Bay Area-native and current Los Angeles resident explains. “You can put all this stuff on your face, but if you’re not eating right and sleeping right, it’s not gonna work.”
Add to that her mother’s job as an exec at ’70s teen cult-fave Bonne Bell, and her heritage (“Persian women are very interested in being beautiful—they have an exceptional reverence for beauty,” she says), and Zadegan was basically hardwired to care about looking and feeling good.
So it’s not surprising that with her crazy schedule filled with berserk hours, a wonky sleep schedule, and plenty of travel—right now she’s filming Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce on Bravo—she still makes time to take care of herself. In fact, she prioritizes it even more. “When you’re running your body hard, you want to try to stay as healthy as possible. There are no days off, the show really must go on,” she explains.
To make sure it does, Zadegan says she stays hydrated, naps when she can, meditates regularly, and always makes time to work out—even if it’s just 15 minutes. For everything else, she turns to these product favorites. —Amy Marturana
1. Sisley Paris Black Rose Cream Mask ($162) I like to apply a thin layer of this rose mask when I’m on a plane. It has a light rose scent and keeps skin hydrated on long, dry flights.
2. Alchimie Forever Gentle Refining Scrub ($45) This is a line with many products that I adore. One of their great ones is this facial scrub—but I happen to be obsessed with it for my hands. Their facialist in Geneva, Switzerland, shared a beauty tip with me that I love: I apply it to my hands at night before bed, leave it on for about 15 minutes, and then wipe the remnants off lightly with a cloth. My hands feel so soft and silky after.
3. Green Vibrance Nutrient Packs ($30) I don’t always take it daily, but sometimes my schedule has me running hard, and I make sure to take my vitamins (especially if I don’t have time that day to eat as well as usual). It’s loaded with vitamins, enzymes, and nutrients from sources I trust. Sometimes I’ll use various individual supplements, but nothing feels as complete as this all-in-one packet.
4. Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels ($30) When you start work so early, sometimes you can’t help it—you wake up and your face is so puffy (especially if you were out to dinner and ate a ton of sodium the night before!). I love using cucumbers too, but don’t always have time to chop them up and put them on ice. These are a great little cheat. I stick them in the freezer first, then put them under my eyes. It works pretty instantly. When all else fails, I slap these puppies on.
5. NARS Blush in Orgasm ($28) I don’t leave home without it. It can be worn on any skin tone, and it adds just a little pop of color. I always feel like it makes me look more alive.
For more information, visit www.bravotv.com
(Photos: Headshot, Necar Zadegan; products, respective brands)
Loading More Posts...