Fifteen years ago, a stylish new Skidmore grad and goldsmith named Zoe Chicco began selling edgy and delicately crafted jewelry.
Since then, her namesake line has taken off and is now carried at big-name stores like Saks Fifth Avenue. That doesn’t mean Chicco is now resting on her laurels. The Angeleno still designs and produces all of her jewelry in-house at her studio-showroom in DTLA (and she lives nearby with her husband and six-month-old baby).
To stay balanced through it all, she loves Pilates, weight training, SoulCycle, and just busting it out on the treadmill. When it comes to her work out wardrobe, though, she’s not the girl rocking bangles and rings on every finger at the gym, despite her profession.
“I’m kind of a minimalist during my workouts,” Chicco says. “I take off my rings because the weight can pinch you, and a necklace bouncing against my chest during SoulCycle really personally bugs me.” (But if you feel otherwise, Chicco says that wearing your jewelry while getting sweaty is totally safe and won’t ruin it. Phew.)
Here’s what the tastemaker is wearing to work out now. —Jamie McKillop
1. SoulCycle Mesh Side Skulls Tank ($52) SoulCycle has such great clothes. Every time I go to spin, I see something new: a sweatshirt, a top, leggings. It’s dangerous! The clothes are soft, cuts are cute, and their knicker and capri pants are the best for spinning. I love anything with the skull and cross bones.
2. Athleta Sentry Hoodie Sweatshirt ($89) I love a good soft hoodie and Athleta makes a great one. The neck isn’t too tight, it’s more of a cowl neck, and it has cut-outs for your thumbs, which I love.
3. C9 Champion Women’s Medium Support Sports Bra ($17) I’m not going to lie, Target has great sports bras, and they usually have a wide variety of colors to choose from. I like a thinner strap, but with breastfeeding I’ve been doubling up on my sports bras.
4. New Balance 574 Running Sneakers ($75) I’m a big fan of the old school original grey New Balance 574 running shoes. They’re always comfortable and never really go out of style. Plus, they’re perfect to just throw on for walks around the neighborhood with my dog, Rocco, and my new baby, Truman. I have other pairs just for exercise.
5. Emi-Jay Ombre Hair Ties ($18) I love these hair ties by Emi-Jay. They are loose enough to prevent breakage but the stretchy elastic is still strong enough to hold my hair. And somehow it doesn’t leave that bump in the back when I take it down.
For more information, visit www.zoechicco.com
(Photo: Zoe Chicco)
Loading More Posts...