Best friends Lauren Schwab and Marissa Vosper went into business together because, quite frankly, they couldn’t find any good underwear.
“Super luxury labels were delicate, uncomfortable and too expensive for everyday wear,” says Vosper,” and on the more accessible side of the market, things were either uber-padded and blinged out or hyper-functional boring basics that had zero cool factor.”
They decided to shake up the lingerie space, and Negative Underwear was born. The idea behind their label, now almost two years old, was to create something comfortable, functional, well-made—and cool.
“We believe that good underwear is a form of self-love,” says Vosper. “The first thing you put on in the morning and the last thing you take off at night—it should make you feel great, regardless of who else might be lucky enough to see it!”
Naturally, Vosper and Schwab bring that same holistic, positive mindset to their beauty routines.
“We’ve both adopted a less-is-more approach as we’ve matured,” says Vosper. “The idea of beauty from the inside out really rings true for us. Taking care of yourself is the key to feeling good in your own skin, and when it comes down to it, confidence really is the most beautiful thing.”
Here, a few beauty secrets from the ladies who really know how to look good wearing less. —Victoria Lewis
1. Hydrea London Dry Skin Body Brush ($12) I was introduced to dry brushing at a detox spa a few years ago, and it’s now an essential part of my morning ritual. After all, healthy, luminous skin is more beautiful than any product I can put on top.
2. Be Well by Dr. Frank Lipman Probiotics ($64) and colonics This is like the secret one-two punch of inner beauty. Having a healthy gut has a huge impact on my hair, skin and even the whites of my eyes. I try to take a probiotic daily and get a colonic once a quarter (when possible!).
3. RMS Buriti Bronzer ($28) I’m a huge fan of all things RMS, from their bronzer to their luminizer to their mascara. I love that the ingredients are so clean and simple and that the products are easy to transport.
4. La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Ultra Light Sunscreen ($33.50) As someone with naturally pale skin, sunscreen (and a great collection of hats!) keep my skin protected. I love how lightweight yet effective this one is. I just got back from my honeymoon in Bali and didn’t get burned once!
5. Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick ($46.76) I’ve carried a red Chanel lipstick in my bag for as long as I can remember. It’s the best and fastest way to feel polished and powerful without much (or anything!) else on.
For more information, visit negativeunderwear.com
(Photos: Negative Underwear)
Loading More Posts...