You may do yoga to become flexible, banish stress, or get a dose of spirituality, but the ancient practice also comes with lots of other benefits that may not be as obvious—and many are backed by research studies.
What kind of payoff can you expect from rolling out a mat? Here are the Well+Good resources that hit on yoga’s long list of superpowers, from how it can improve your sex life to how it helps relieve a wicked headache. —Emily Karr
1. PSA: Yoga and CrossFit can improve your sex life
Another reason not to skip your workout: singles who exercise have more sex—and CrossFitters and yogis are reaping the biggest benefits.
2. 3 reasons you should really add yoga to your race training plan
The things most runners really need (besides sneakers and mileage), you can get from adding yoga to your training plan, says Nike Master Trainer Traci Copeland.
3. Colleen Saidman Yee: Why yoga is great for losing weight
You won’t get tips for dropping 3 pounds in 5 days from Saidman Yee. Instead she explains how to use yoga for weight loss in a way that’s totally holistic.
4. Why your boyfriend should come with you to yoga
Real men are flexible. Here’s why, according to fitness trainer Al Kavadlo.
5. Get grounded with these 10 slow-the-heck-down yoga poses
This tough but short yoga sequence—with 10 relaxing poses from celeb yogi Mandy Ingber—will help you feel grounded in just 30 minutes.
6. Your Yoga Prescription: How to get to sleep when insomnia strikes
No, watching endless Youtube videos or your Instagram feed won’t help. Get Tiffany Cruikshank’s recipe for helping your nervous system slow down instead.
7. Your Yoga Prescription: How to boost your mood
A simple inversion and focusing on your posture throughout the day may be enough to brighten your outlook, explains Yoga Medicine founder Tiffany Cruikshank.
8. Your Yoga Prescription: How to get rid of a headache without Advil
Yoga Medicine creator Tiffany Cruikshank shares a simple trick for when your next tension headache strikes—and a practice that will help prevent another.
9. Why you might really need Yin Yoga
The slower, easier yoga style you may not realize your body is screaming for.
(Photo: Nike/Master Trainer Traci Copeland)
Loading More Posts...