If you follow Karlie Kloss on Instagram, chances are you’ve seen the supermodel working out in a sun-drenched loft space. And chances are you’ve then a) wished you lived in an equally gorgeous space, and b) wondered what moves, exactly, the model has been doing to get those long, lean, Adidas-approved muscles.
Her secret? ModelFit, the brightly lit downtown New York City studio that focuses on smaller and slower movements meant to tone the body. What it lacks in high-tech decor and state-of the-art machines it more than makes up for in loyal celebrity clients (everyone from Kloss’ BFF Taylor Swift to fitstagrammers like Hannah Bronfman have snapped themselves inside the chic, airy space).
While the classes clock in at $40 a session, the hotspot studio just announced new membership pricing for unlimited classes at $425 a month (you also get a whole bevy of other perks, like guest passes and retail discounts, when you sign up). If you’re already strapping on ankle weights at the ModelFit barre four to five times a week, it averages out to about $21.25 a class–and think of how good your chances will be at running into your favorite it-girl.
But if you don’t have a chance to check out the model-approved workout in person (or you’re still waiting on that invite from Kloss), good news: ModelFit trainer Lauren Ashley shared a do-anywhere workout exclusively with Well+Good. And yes, the core, butt, and leg moves are toning even if you do them in front of the TV, instead of that wall of windows.
Scroll down to see 3 muscle-toning, core-building, Karlie Kloss-approved moves from ModelFit to try at home.
1. Core-Strengthening Twist
1. Put your weight on your right leg and hold the resistance band in your right hand. Lift your arm straight up, just above shoulder height.
2. As you lower the resistance band, lift your left knee to meet it. Return to starting position. Repeat 12-15 times, and then switch sides.
2. Booty Pulser
1. Go on all fours and then lift your left heel towards the ceiling, keeping a 90-degree bend in your leg.
2. From here, pulse the left leg straight up, pushing through your heel to lift and lower your leg. Repeat 12-15 times, and then switch sides.
3. Legs-For-Days Lift
1. Go on all fours and then lift your left leg back behind you, keeping it in line with your torso.
2. Slowly lift your left leg straight up behind you, keeping to toes pointed.
3. Begin to lower the left leg, crossing it behind your body to the opposite side of the mat. Tap down lightly and lift again. Then lower the left leg straight behind you, returning to the beginning position. Repeat 12-15 times, and then switch legs.
Now that you’ve got your model-approved workout in check, give these actresses’ routines a try—Kate Hudson has a workout for every mood and Jennifer Aniston swears by this workout-detox combo.