Last year, we made sure the women of New York City put their cute printed leggings to use with the debut of the Sweat Series—a collection of 18 complimentary workouts taught by the city’s top fitness instructors, hosted by Athleta. (Well+Good readers lined up around the block to nab a spot at these Sunday morning classes!)
Now, we’re ready to rock the West Coast workout scene with our first ever Los Angeles Sweat Series—and we’ve handpicked the hottest classes and can’t-miss instructors for our endorphin-filled debut. Put these Sweat Series classes on your calendar now!
Who’s teaching the classes
The very first Los Angeles Sweat Series comes to Athleta Santa Monica on March 22 with dance cardio powerhouse Jennifer Johnson (aka JJ Dancer). The fitness trainer built her career (and those muscles) as a professional dancer by touring with Beyoncé, Kanye West, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and working with Tracy Anderson. Now, Johnson teaches super high-energy, body-sculpting dance cardio classes (and trains Jessica Alba, no big deal) that she promises we’ll all be able to follow.
Then, on April 19, join Exhale master instructor Lauren Weisman at Athleta Santa Monica for a once-in-a-lifetime Core Fusion Sampler. You’ll get the very unique opportunity of sampling Exhale’s four most popular barre-inspired workouts in one hour: Core Fusion Cardio, Sport, Yoga, and Extreme. Things are definitely going to get sweaty.
More Sweat Series workouts will be added throughout the summer and the rest of the year, so keep checking back for details.
How it works
After each Sweat Series workout, the Athleta store will remain closed for our private shopping pleasure. While you shop the latest collection, you’ll be able to mingle with Well+Good editors as you’re treated to healthy elixirs from local juice brands. Then you’ll be sent home with natural skin-care swag and a Well+Good Sweat Series tote—on top of the major sense of Sunday morning accomplishment. Plus, one attendee at every class wins a $100 Athleta gift card!
Bring your friends or come solo for Sunday morning me-time. You’re guaranteed a Well+Good-approved workout, tons of inspiration, and healthy goodies galore. Oh, and did we mention it’s complimentary?
Learn more about each Sweat Series event here, and get the full scoop on how to snag a spot below:
1. These classes are complimentary and take place on Sunday mornings at Athleta Santa Monica, 1318 Third Street Promenade (between Arizona Avenue and Santa Monica Boulevard), Santa Monica, CA, 90401.
2. The classes are first come, first served! There is no registration. (But put it in your calendar now.)
3. The doors open at 9:00 a.m. All classes start promptly at 9:30 a.m. The first 40 people in line at the door will get a spot in the class, access to private shopping, and more. Come early!
4. You must be in line when the doors open. In healthy fairness to your fellow Well+Good readers, you cannot hold a spot for a friend who just dashed across the street for green juice.
5. Wear running shoes and be prepared to sweat!
For class dates, instructor intel, and more information, visit The Sweat Series event page—and check back often to see which top trainers will be making you sweat next.
(Photos: Left, Jennifer Johnson; Right, Lauren Weisman for Exhale)
Loading More Posts...