This post originally appeared on AOL
If you have trouble getting to sleep at night, then you know the feeling of seeing your partner or family member slip into slumber easily and peacefully while you lay awake at night contemplating the meaning of life. Oh, what a tangled web we weave. While you’ve probably heard a million different ways to get to sleep faster — none have worked and you’re more frustrated than ever. So, why not try something a little different? What do you have to lose, after all?
It might sounds crazy, but a few pros have listed unconventional ways of getting to sleep that just may change the game completely. Keep in mind, some of these tricks will seem strange, and even a little weird — but they’re worth a shot! So, let’s take a look at a few interesting tricks experts use to get to sleep.
1) Push your thumbs on the bone at the top of your eye socket on both sides. It will feel like a dull pressure and will help you get to sleep. —Sanjay Gupta, M.D.
2) Imagine all the steps of getting up and heading to a meeting — stretching, brushing your teeth, getting dressed, etc. —Gretchen Rubin
3) Lie on a sleep induction mat for 10 to 20 minutes before bed. This stimulates acupressure points up and down your back to ease your body. —Dave Asprey
4) Use heated eye masks to relax. —Tara Stiles
5) Do a reclining belt pose for extra chill and relaxation. —Frank Lipman, M.D.
6) Count backwards from 300 by threes. It will literally bore you to sleep. —Michael Breus, Ph.D.
7) Do something that’s quiet and soothing like reading or listening to music. —Robert Rosenberg, M.D.
More reading from AOL