Renu Anshie Dhar, the personal chef behind the food blog SpiceRoots, created a recipe for avocado popsicles that's just as wholesome as it is satisfying. "These coconut avocado popsicles are vegan, lower on glycemic index than regular popsicles, and super easy to make," she says. "The coconut sugar makes them taste like caramel without the added work of actually making the caramel."
It only takes about five minutes of your time to make a batch of avocado popsicles for yourself. After blending up your avocados with coconut milk, honey, and a little coconut sugar, you simply pour the mixture into your popsicle molds (I like these molds made by CHICHIC, $15). Then freeze them up and enjoy. You'll wind up with a summer dessert that's a whole lot better for you than anything you'll find in the freezer section.
Coconut avocado popsicles
2 large avocados
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
3 tablespoons raw honey
2 tablespoons coconut sugar (divided into 1 tbsp for the blend, and 1 tbsp for the topping)
2 tablespoons dried coconut flakes (optional)
1. Sprinkle coconut flakes and coconut sugar in the bottom of each mold. Set aside.
2. Cut, peel, and remove the pit from your avocados.
3. Add coconut milk, 1 tbsp of coconut sugar, honey, and avocados to a powerful blender. Blend until smooth and well-combined.
4. Pour carefully into the prepared molds and cover.
5. Insert the popsicle sticks and freeze for at least 12 hours.
6. To remove a popsicle from the mold, briefly run it under tap water.
The avocado benefits a dietitian wants you to know about:
Loading More Posts...