Here’s the Recipe for Sweetgreen’s Healthy Beet Hummus
Let's be real: Almost everything on Sweetgreen's core menu of salads and bowls is healthy. But if I could only pick one option to order for the rest of my life, it's pretty hard to beat the seasonal superfood bowl, loaded with avocado, beet hummus, roasted sweet potatoes, black lentils, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, toasted buckwheat, organic spinach, shredded kale, and lemon ginger turmeric vinaigrette. That's a lot of pure plant-based goodness! And now you can make the best part of the wholesome mix right in your own kitchen.
The real star of the superfood bowl is its bright pink beet hummus. While it's super rare for restaurants share secret recipes, Sweetgreen spilled the beans on Instagram, allowing you to recreate the "magenta magic." Here's exactly how to make beet hummus at home:
View this post on Instagram
All eyes on you @ Beet Hummus 😍Head to our story to get this season's magenta magic recipe straight from our Culver City Lab.
A post shared by sweetgreen (@sweetgreen) on May 8, 2019 at 9:55am PDT
Sweetgreen's beet hummus
1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/4 tsp chopped jalapeño
1/2 Tbsp garlic, smashed
1/4 tsp lemon zest
2 1/2 Tbsp tahini
2 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp chickpea liquid
2 1/2 cups canned chickpeas
2/3 cup roasted beets, roughly chopped
1. Measure out dry ingredients and add to food processor.
2. Cut jalapeño in half, de-seed, and roughly chop. Add to food processor.
3. Smash garlic and add to processor.
4. Add tahini, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil.
5. Open can of chickpeas and add liquid.
6. Drain remaining liquid and add chickpeas.
7. Add the roasted beets and blend on high.
8. Blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
Here's how to sweeten up a healthy salad dressing. And find out why we're putting sesame seeds on everything.
Loading More Posts...