Blast-off push-ups require a little coordination. Instead of just doing the standard up-and-down motion, you’re shooting your lower body back into a crouch hover plank-like position then quickly bringing your body back into a push-up, all in one fluid motion. As you transfer your weight back and forth, you’re working your entire body, especially your arms and abs. You’re also getting some cardio as you build up your strength, as well as increasing your flexibility and mobility.
It’s not an easy exercise, but it’s certainly effective. Here’s your step-by-step guide to mastering it.
How to do blast-off push-ups:
- Begin in a push-up position.
- Shoot your pelvis back, moving your lower body toward your feet. You should have a bend at your knees, and they should be hovering a few inches off the floor.
- Quickly push your body back into a push-up position, keeping your core tight and engaged the entire time.
- Lower into a push-up, getting as close to the floor as you can, and return to your starting plank position.
- Repeat the motions in a fluid motion. There shouldn’t be any pauses between steps. To make things harder, use dumbbells (as shown above) or elevate your feet on a couch or bench.
But first, learn how to perform a basic push-up the right way:
Loading More Posts...