This Is the First (and Only!) Workout Brie Larson Has Done During Quarantine
August 6, 2020
I don't think anyone could ever forget the workout video of Brie Larson pushing her trainer's 5,000-pound Jeep up a hill last year. It proved something we already knew: She's just as much of a superhero off-screen as she is on-screen. But even Captain Marvel needs to take a break sometimes, and that's exactly what happened during the past few months of quarantine.
In a new YouTube video, the actress shared that—during a time when everyone seems to be doing at-home workouts non-stop and working on their #quarantineglowups—she didn't work out, not even once, until now. And guess what? That's okay, and she wants to normalize not putting pressure on yourself to workout if you don't want to during an already stressful global pandemic.
Her sweat sesh with Jason Walsh helped her get back into the exercise swing of things, and it can do the same for you. In the words of Larson, just be easy on yourself, be realistic about where you're coming from, and enjoy it while your "mind flips out."
Brie Larson workout moves to help you get active
1. Squat with lateral knee punch into reach
- Get into a squat sit with your butt hovering a few inches off the ground.
- With your hands together and elbows on the inside of your knees, use your elbows to push your knees apart, opening your hips.
- Rotate your torso to bring your right arm up and behind you, then return to your starting position. Push your knees apart, then repeat on the opposite side.
2. Body saw
- Get into a forearm plank.
- Walk your feet as far back as you can.
- Take baby steps to walk your feet as far forward as you can without touching the ground.
- Continue going back and forth like a saw.
3. Plank to single arm push
- Start in a forearm plank with your feet wider than hip-width apart.
- Pick your right arm up, pressing the back of your arm toward the ceiling.
- Place your right palm back on the ground and use it to push up into a straight arm plank with both palms on the ground.
- Lower your right forearm back to the ground, followed by your left forearm.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
4. Pike to half moon extension
- Start in downward dog.
- Squeezing your butt, slowly circle your right leg out to your right side as far as you can.
- Tap your toe, then circle it around to your back left corner.
- Perform 10 reps, then repeat on the opposite side.
5. Crab kicks
- Start in a crab position with your feet and hands on the ground. Your back should be facing the ground.
- Pull your right leg up until your knee is at a 90-degree angle.
- Hold for two counts, then lower your foot to the ground.
- Drop your butt to the ground, raise back up into crab position, and lower your butt to the ground.
- As you come back up, raise your left leg until your knee is at a 90-degree angle.
- Continue this flow for 10 reps on each leg.
Want more? Try this low-impact cardio workout:
Tags: Fitness Tips
Loading More Posts...