Rachel Mansfield, a food blogger and author of the cookbook Just the Good Stuff, recently shared the genius idea on Instagram, sparking a wave of heart-eyed commentary from her followers. After using the seasoning for everything else in her life, she realized you can add a dash to your fries, too—and let's just say she was definitely not disappointed with the result. "Everything bagel french fries. It seems so basic and simple, yet it took me years to finally combine these two flavors together. The fries get extra crispy baked in the oven, and sprinkling it with the Everything But The Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe's adds the best flavor bomb to your plate," she tells me.
View this post on Instagram
Aside from eating these bagel-y fries straight-up—she says even cold and dipped in ranch dressing is a win—she also switches things up by turning them into something that's a little more fitting for breakfast. "I love adding some fried eggs on top for a little eggs and hash brown action," she says.
However you choose to eat these potatoes, one thing's for sure: There's no possible way you'll be left disappointed. If you want to try everything bagel fries for yourself, use Mansfield's go-to recipe below.
Everything bagel fries recipe
5 medium potatoes
2 Tbsp avocado oil
3 tsp everything but the bagel seasoning (you can make your own with sea salt, garlic, onion powder, and sesame seeds)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Thoroughly wash your potatoes with a brush and veggie cleaner.
3. Slice the ends of each potato and discard, then slice in half lengthwise then again into 3 to 4 slices long ways.
4. Slice to desired size for your fries, then toss in a large bowl with avocado oil and seasoning and coat well.
5. Add fries to baking tray and bake in oven for 30 minutes, then flip the fries over and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes (or until they're crispy to your liking).
Find out exactly what a registered dietitian's Trader Joe's grocery haul looks like:
Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel seasoning is only one of many that belong in your spice collection. Also try this vegan chicken-less seasoning that goes with everything, then go for the new Everything But The Elote seasoning that captures the flavor of the famous grilled corn on the cob.
Loading More Posts...