Shore melded Ayurvedic principles and Native American shamanism to create Jiva Apoha, her line of all-natural face and body oils that she blends and ships out of her Brooklyn Heights apartment.
The products are made with herbs, flowers, and essential oils that are sourced from herbal farms in the US, India, and South America, and Shore creates personalized blends for customers who fill out a questionnaire. She counts models like Anne-Marie van Dijk among her fans.
Of course, a girl can’t live on oils alone. Here are Shore’s beauty products of choice.
1. Booda Butter ($3.95) I recently fell in love with this product, which the company refers to as “vegan bliss for your lips”! I’m obsessed with always finding the right lip therapy and Booda Butter keeps my lips moisturized throughout the day. It’s soothing while applying and all organic: coconut oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, olive oil and candelilla wax, with no added toxins.
2. Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castile Soap ($9.99) I’ve been a true believer in Dr. Bronner’s since the ’80s. It’s the first organic personal-care product that I discovered—and still live by. The tea tree oil soap is my favorite. It’s a natural antiseptic blend that makes your skin feel clean while moisturizing with ingredients such as organic hemp, coconut oil, and jojoba oil to name a few. I use it everyday.
3. Dr. Hauschka Facial Toner ($34.95) I’m a huge fan of this light, refreshing overall balancing toner. I love how it makes my skin feel in the morning and evening after cleansing. The active ingredients include the medicinal herb Anthyllis Vulneraria (AKA “wound healer”) and witch hazel extracts support firmness, refined pores, and elasticity.
4. Pratima Saffron Eye Ghee ($29) This is goddess nourishment for around the eyes! Organic ghee, saffron, and soothing rose. I’m big on this wonderful remedy that’s very rejuvenating for the eyes. I’m hooked on making it one of my most important skin-care tips for helping aid dark circles and smoothing fine lines.
5. Jiva Apoha Atman (Spirit) Body Oil ($105) This is a blend I made specifically for calming, grounding, and purifying the overall spirit. It made with all-natural sesame and sunflower oils with frankincense, sandalwood, tulsi (holy basil), palo santo (holy wood) and neroli oils. It’s loaded with antioxidants and vitamins, and leaves the skin silky. I use it everyday after a bath or shower.
BEAUTY BONUS: RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek ($36) This beautiful organic product actually makes you look fresh and rosy from lips to cheeks! I like to travel light, whether it’s going out for the day or on a weekend trip. I use very little makeup in general, so this makes it easy to look great without a fuss. —Lisa Elaine Held
Loading More Posts...