So maybe it’s not surprising that she takes a light-hearted view of her beauty foibles. “I don’t know what I’m doing with makeup. When I have an event, a professional makeup artist helps me out. But I love discovering and trying great new products,” says Taylor.
One thing she’s increasingly serious about? Natural ingredients. Taylor recently partnered with Nourish, a new USDA-organic-certified line of super pretty (and shockingly affordable) beauty products. “I’m always looking for simpler ways to be healthy. I think a lot of women are,” she says.
Here are a few of her go-to summer staples that help her simplify and health-ify her beauty regimen.
1. Nourish Organic Body Butter in Fresh Fig ($9.99) I have dry skin, elbows, and cuticles—year-round. This is luscious enough to apply before bed but without waking up sticky. It’s also the one product I also keep in my car—at red lights I’ll apply it. You have to take these moments when you have them!
2. Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser ($50–75) I’m obsessed with this woman and her farm in Vermont. Her Regenerating Cleanser is my new fave. I love the exfoliating bits in it—I would never take the time to exfoliate or to use an extra scrub or mask during the week , so this way I get in a little every day.
3. Tan Towel – Full Body Classic Towelettes ($24 for five) Even though I’m in New York now, having lived in California for 20 years, I still like a California glow. This is my favorite way to get it. The wipe is thin enough that you can’t go overboard or get it wrong. Here’s a trick I learned: After I’m done wiping it over my face and decollete, and have washed my hands, I take a dry towel and go around my hair line and lips and blend it in. It’s the most natural-looking tanner I’ve tried, and it’s better than lying in the sun!
4. Epicuren Enzyme Lip Balm SPF 15 ($6.50 tube/$9.50 jar) This product is not super beautifying per se, but it’s essential for me to function as a person. I have to put it on when I wake up, when I go to bed, and for sun protection. I really like the tea tree tingle. I’m not a big lipstick person: But I’ll put on my lip liner all over, then apply this on top for a natural-looking lip.
5. Sallie B Antioxidant Skin Boost ($34) I love this recent find. The founder of the line does everything naturally, and I feel like it’s so good for my skin. I’ve already seen a difference and been getting compliments, so it must be working! I’ll use at night and blend it with my moisturizer. Plus, I can really spend some money on some products, but this is such a good affordable one.
Beauty Bonus: Face Stockholm Highlighter ($25) I don’t like wearing makeup every day, but I love to use this an a eye shadow. I rub it all over my eyelids (my favorite shade is “Prosperity”), and it wakes up my face. If I don’t do anything makeup-wise, I feel naked. But I can totally do this, my tan towel, and lip balm—and I’m done! —Melisse Gelula
Loading More Posts...