Elizabeth Dehn, founder of BeautyBets.com, might be the most beauty obsessed subject we’ve profiled for this column so far.
The Minneapolis lifestyle journalist turned her passion for test-driving beauty products, DIY facial mask recipes, and “wild spa treatments” (read: bird poop facials) into a profession and a fun online forum, where she advises readers on what to avoid and what to slather on immediately.
“Sharing my hometown with Aveda may have had something to do with my passion,” says Dehn, who picked out her first eye shadow at age five, to the chagrin of her low-maintenance mom.
Here’s what the beauty blogger’s jonseing for these days:
1. Arcona The Solution Repair PMArcona The Solution ($42) The most effective anti-agers I’ve ever used—and it’s all-natural! Like retinol, this powerful serum exfoliates, refines pores, and diminishes sun damage. You’ll notice a difference in a matter of days. Ah-mazing.
2. Opal Sonic Infusion ($185) I wrote off this gadget as a gimmick. Until I tried it. De-puffing, eye-brightening and fine-line eradicating, it’s like a mini acupressure massage every morning.
3. Kahina Giving Beauty Eye Serum ($78) Even better than using the Opal Sonic Infusion is using it with this amazing eye serum. It’s an energizing cocktail made up of impeccable ingredients that increase microcirculation and banish dark circles. For reals. [Get 20% off on this product through St. Patrick’s Day, March 17, 2012. Get the discount code here!]
4. Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit Body Butter ($20) Like most natural-beauty junkies, I’m super particular about scents. But I never get tired of this velvety, citrus-y cream, which reminds me of spas and always puts me in a better mood.Skin Savior Waterless Multi-Balm
5. One Love Organics Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm ($68) I have a thing for balms, especially one that starts with coconut oil and ends with orange peel. It cleanses, moisturizes, and gives cheekbones that celebrity-like sheen. I won’t travel without it!
Loading More Posts...