Jimena Garcia, TenOverTen‘s eyebrow grooming guru, inspires incredible devotion among her clients.
And her commitment to (big) beautiful brows is absolute: She scolds clients for plucking between visits and is exacting about shape. So much so that the Village Voice named her “Most Eyebrow-Obsessed New Yorker” in 2006.
“One of the best ways to enhance a youthful look is full eyebrows,” says Garcia, who’s a model of her message.
We asked her for a peek inside her beauty bag, in which we spied (not surprisingly) lots of products focused on the eyes…
1. Rodin Olio Lusso ($137) This luxury facial oil is heaven on earth. When you put it on, it’s soaking your face with eleven essential oils derived from flowers and other botanicals. And the applicator is an eyedropper, so you never overuse it.
2. Face Stockholm Magic Wand ($32) The best concealer ever! It gives you a super dewy look with light-reflecting particles that can cover anything without making you look dry.
3. Cle De Peau Beaute Brilliant Enhancer ($50) Perfect to give you a glow anywhere—eyes, cheeks, lips, under the eyes…either on top of or under your makeup. The objective is to look fresh at all times.
4. Tweezerman Brow Mousse ($9) One of the most important products to have for your eyebrows. It’s a great way to tame or reshape your eyebrows. It’s so hard to find brow gels that don’t flake, and this one is flake-free, and soft and smooth on the hair.
5. Eminence Organics Naseberry Eye Exfoliant ($54) It’s hard to find an exfoliant for the eye area that’s not abrasive or harsh. I find this one works really well for ingrown hairs around the eyebrow. Oh, and it’s totally organic!
6. Revitalash Revitabrow Eyebrow Conditioner ($72) I use this religiously and have had amazing results, for myself and my clients. There’s hope for people who have had hair loss or over-plucked.
Like this story? Subscribe to Well+Good and we’ll send you our newsletter of top stories and a free copy of “10 Creative Quinoa Recipes from Healthy Celebrity Chefs!”
Loading More Posts...