When Katharine L’Heureux found herself in Morocco without a moisturizer (the TSA confiscated her kit), she asked a guide to show her what Morrocan women used, which lead her to argan oil—and a new career.
The nourishing oil became the hero ingredient of her results-driven beauty brand Kahina Giving Beauty, which is considered a staple of the organic-luxe category.
Because L’Heureux knows first hand the rejuvenating potential of natural oils and plant extracts, it’s what she chooses for herself from makeup to sunscreen.
“Using organic skin care that’s good for me and good for the planet makes me feel good,” says the New Yorker. “There are no reasons to use anything else.”
L’Heureux shares the products that stock her personal beauty cabinet this summer. Here’s what she’s loving right now:
1. Kahina Beauty Eye Serum ($78) This product will prevent discoloration from sun-damage before it starts, so it’s a wonderful product to use in the summer. Plus it provides lightweight moisture with argan oil and sodium hyaluronate, which is a must in the New York summer months.
2. RMS Simply Cocoa Lip & Skin Balm ($25) I love all-purpose balms and this one has a coconut oil scent that reminds me of a sunscreen I used to use a long time ago, which makes me happy. It feels super nourishing as a lip balm, but I also use it to heal rough spots on my elbows and on my hands after I’ve been working in the garden.
3. Soleil Organique SPF 45 100% Mineral Sunblock Mist ($42) I pay a lot of attention to caring for my face but am guilty of overlooking my hands and arms when it comes to sunscreen. This summer I’m becoming much more diligent about applying it all over. And this mineral-based one has an easy to use spray, a light citrus scent, and absorbs easily.
4. Ilia Crimson & Clover Tinted Lip Conditioner ($24) I don’t wear much makeup, but I adore a pop of lip color. This one also nourishes my lips and is my go-to for feeling pulled together just as I run out the door.
5. Kjaer Weis Mascara ($38) I love the packaging! The red box it comes in feels like I’m opening a Cartier present and the small wand is so chic. I love that it’s certified organic. It really is lengthening and long lasting.
Beauty Bonus: Soapwalla Kitchen Deodorant Cream ($14) A must-have, especially in the hot summer months when I’m more active. —Jamie McKillop
For more information, visit www.kahina-givingbeauty.com
Loading More Posts...