While the salon’s since closed, Priti NYC, the line of nail polishes (and soy-based remover) D’Amato created to use there, went on to become a celeb-favorite. (Natalie Portman and Lady Gaga are among her reported fans.)
Priti is also the polish-of-choice for model nails on Fashion Week runways twice a year, when D’Amato custom-creates colors for designers’ seasonal looks.
We caught up with D’Amato to find out what five beauty products—other than the perfect polish—she can’t live without.
1. Soapwalla Deodorant Cream ($12) is the best deodorant I’ve ever used, hands down. It’s good for any skin type since it’s all natural and free of harmful chemicals, petroleum, and aluminum like some popular brands use.
2. Dr. Alkaitis Organic Eye Creme($60) has worked magic for me! Since I spend a lot of time traveling for work, I use this to soothe the puffiness and dark circles that might appear after a long flight and jet lag.
3. Block Island Organics Mineral Sunscreen in SPF 30 ($29) is my favorite daily moisturizer because the SPF in it protects from UVA and UVB damage that can occur year-round. Since its really lightweight and all-natural, I feel like it allows my skin to breathe, unlike some greasier lotions.
4. Buddha Nose Heart Spray ($30) is something I cannot live without. The blend of essential oils and rose water in this body mist has the ability to calm me down and make me feel beautiful almost instantly. I take it everywhere with me, just in case I’m having a rough day and I need a quick moment of peace!
5. Priti NYC Deep Organic Sugar Scrub ($20) not only removes unwanted dead skin cells, it also stimulates cell renewal. The combination of mint and rosemary essential oils help ease mental fatigue and stress. And it’s not only safe to use on your feet, but your entire body and face, too! —Lisa Elaine Held
Loading More Posts...