Project Runway-winning model and actress Millana Snow founded SERENE Social—a membership-only community that hosts rooftop yoga classes and workshops at The James—to bring “extraordinary women doing amazing things” together.
She wanted women to learn from each other, and the plan worked—surprisingly, on herself. Snow had a natural beauty ah-ha moment after a talk she planned with health coach and natural make-up artist Rebecca Casciano.
“I was already changing everything in my life to try to make it more natural, and after her talk, I was just like ‘I’m done [with conventional products],” she says.
Now, Snow reaches for natural and organic products that nourish her skin and has turned to acupuncture to clear up her acne. In the process, she’s learning even more.
“I realized when you’re doing the holistic approach, it’s not just your skin and your body, you have to face yourself,” she says. Here’s what the entrepreneurial beauty is including in her healthy regimen right now.
1. Treatment by Lanshin Skin Rescue treatments (Price varies) I was going to one of the best dermatologists in the city, but she was giving me tons of antibiotics. So I started to see Sandra [Lanshin Chiu] and her holistic advice and treatments have become a big part of my routine, working from the inside out. It’s been six weeks of acupuncture, energy work, facials and herbs, and my pores have shrunken. My skin has completely cleared up this week.
2. Pangea Organics Toner ($26) I love all of their products. So much so that we are going to start selling them on our website. This toner is so great after a workout or while out-and-about on a busy day and I need a pick-me-up. It’s also all-natural, just the way I like it. Oh, and I love the scent, too. So refreshing!
3. Georgia by Jodie Patterson Gold Luxury Skin Cream ($27) My friend and member of SERENE Jodie Patterson created this great organic beauty line. She has many really beautiful products, but one of my faves is her Gold Skin Cream. I love the geranium rose scent, and the feel on your skin is so luxe.
4. Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee Soap ($18) I am so obsessed with my perfume from here that you would have thought I worked for them! I have made all my friends buy one of their scents, and I currently have three different bottles. But this soap? To die for. So sensual and soft, and for both men and woman. And it lasts forever.
5. Every Strand Argan Oil Hydrate Hair Masque ($9.50) Literally the best EVER for my hair. It smells great, at a great price point, and it’s organic, too! —Lisa Elaine Held