Before starting her own natural-leaning beauty website, She’s In The Glow, Annie Atkinson was a marketing assistant at Chanel Beauté and Fragrance and a stylist for Michael Kors.
“I was feeling very uninspired, like I was doing the same thing all the time,” she says. “So one day almost two years ago, I randomly started writing and decided to take the leap and start my own website.”
Atkinson was always passionate about beauty but decided to focus on the natural and organic side of things, she says, after noticing that it seemed like trends and public interest were heading in that direction.
“What used to be cool was Paris Hilton and partying in Vegas,” she says. “Now, it’s all about smoothies and juices and SoulCycle and yoga. Everyone wants to do as much as they can to be good to their bodies.”
Atkinson’s now-popular online destination helps others do just that in their own beauty routines, via advice and product reviews like “6 Beauty Buys You Should Never Leave Whole Foods Without” and “How to Apply Lipstick Perfectly (Like a Pro).”
We had to find out what the beauty maven is stocking her medicine cabinet with right now. —Jamie McKillop
1. Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask ($55) I’m obsessed with this whole line. Everyone’s busy and doesn’t have a lot of time in the morning to put on a whole face. It’s not the 1950s. This gives you a nice fresh look. You only need to use it once a week. Some of the ingredients mimic the effects of Botox, too. This one is a no-brainer. Everyone should have it: When you have glowy, luminous skin, you don’t need a lot of makeup.
2. RMS Beauty Living Luminizer ($38) This is a beauty essential. It gives you the prettiest, dewy look, like model Gemma Ward. I put in on my eyelids, on the brim of my nose, the cupid’s bow of my lips, and my collarbones. I love Rose Marie, the founder. She works with models every day, and this is what she uses on them. Makeup lines created by makeup artists are the best because they really know what they’re doing.
3. Grown Alchemist Watermelon and Vanilla Lip Balm ($23) Grown Alchemist is a new favorite find of mine. The packaging is so chic and cool. It’s a very culty, downtown, minimalist brand, and this tastes and smells so, so good.
4. Prtty Peaushun Skin Tight Body Lotion ($39) This is a tinted moisturizer for your body and it gives you seriously airbrushed skin. I used to be addicted to spray tanning, and now I’m so over it. Still, whenever I go to the beach, I want a little color. This smells good, and it makes cellulite and discoloration seem to disappear.
5. H. Gillerman Organics Natural Rest Travel Remedy ($48) I travel all of the time, and I get so stressed out about the flight and the turbulence. This is what saves me. I put a little in my palm and rub my hands and smell it and put it behind my ears. I use it in taxi cabs, too. It’s just a nice thing if you have a crazy life and live in a crazy city. Sometimes you have to take a breather.
For more information, visit www.shesintheglow.com
(Photo: Annie Atkinson)
Loading More Posts...