Depending on a combination of factors including where you live, what grocery chain you go to, and what time of the day you’re there—the food shopping experience can really lie anywhere between soothing and serene to a rage-inducing mob scene (especially when it’s rush hour and you’re trying to get your hands on a hot ticket item).
In those two to 15 minutes while you’re standing still in line, you just might start pondering things like the banality of existence (on a bad day) or get have the surprising and delightful experience of a brilliant where-did-that-come-from idea.
What other thoughts might pop up while you’re eyeing the produce, nut butter, and dark chocolate in your cart? Keep reading for the top 10.
1. This is what I get for going to Trader Joe’s at 6:15 on a Sunday night.
2. Did I get enough almond nog? I hope so cause I can’t leave this line now…
3. Should I switch lines? Is the other one moving faster?
4. Why don’t I recognize any of the songs they’re playing?
5. Is that my yoga instructor ahead of me or am I just intensely staring at and freaking out a random person?
6. This person better not be trying to cut in front of me.
7. I know that they put these snacks up here to trick me into buying them, but it’s working!
8. Will eight avocados last me the entire week?
9. Can I realistically carry all of these kombucha bottles home?
10. Did I go overboard with the groceries? Oh well, guess I’m getting in some bicep curls today.
Drafting your grocery list? Here are some things you should think about stocking up on at Whole Foods and the cheapest day of the week to buy your avocados.
Loading More Posts...