If you want to see if you can do the army-approved push-up, here's how to perform it properly.
How to do hand-release push-ups properly
- Get into your starting position with your hands flat on the floor directly beneath your shoulders and your feet together.
- Push-up, straightening your arms as you raise your upper and lower body at the same time. Your body should stay in a straight line the entire time.
- Once both elbows are fully extended, return to the starting position with your hands flat on the floor beneath your shoulders.
- Without moving your head, body, or legs, lift your hands about an inch off the floor for the "hand release" portion of the push-up.
- Return your hands to the starting position to complete the push-up.
The top of the push-up is a plank. Here's how to do it correctly:
Find out which type of exercise engages 86 percent of your muscles. Then find out why the key to future fitness gains might lie in your resting metabolic rate.
Loading More Posts...