Want to experience Denver like a real local? PaleOMG's Juli Bauer Roth has you covered. And for pet parents, she's rounded up the best spots to enjoy the mile-high city with your best friend in tow (just ask her French bulldog, Jackson).
Click the interactive map above to see all of Roth's best Denver picks, and scroll down for the full listings.
1. Riverfront + Riverfront Park: Stroll through this ever-evolving neighborhood along Denver's Platt River for scenic views, ample green space (and pup playmates), and loads of boutiques to window shop. Even better: Do it with a coffee in hand.
2. Union Station: While it's still a working train station, this hub of the West is now home to uber-trendy restaurants, cocktail spots, and corners to chill out in (FYI, there's free wifi). Bonus: The next-level water fountain out front (which shoots streams of water from the ground) doubles as a spot for pups to cool off.
3. Cherry Creek Trail: This hidden gem offers a taste of nature right inside Denver's city limits. Bring your canine BFF along for a brisk walk and dip in the bubbling stream.
4. CrossFit Broadway: Looking to work up a sweat? This is the place. Right in the heart of Denver's Golden Triangle, you can bust strength-training moves with a group of super-motivating fitness buffs.
5. Just Be Kitchen: This quaint Paleo eatery lives up to its name, with a vibe that makes you feel right at home and responsibly sourced ingredients you can feel good about. Snag a veggie hash or grass-fed beef burger, and let your pup partake in the community water bowl.
6. The Watering Bowl: Yes, your dog can come to happy hour, too. At this pet-friendly haven, you can order a locally crafted brew or spicy margarita and let your furry friend play with the pack in the yard. Warning for dog lovers: It might just give you overload.
7. Pet food shops: Last but not least, don't forget to feed your travel mate. Luckily, you can snag Castor & Pollux PRISTINE™ (made with responsibly sourced ingredients) at pet specialty stores like PetSmart and Petco and natural grocery stores (like Whole Foods or Natural Grocer) in Denver and nationwide.
Loading More Posts...