Jennifer Lopez tends to keep her sweat sessions interesting with a wide range of workouts. But even when you’re limited to exercising in your living room, you can still train like a superstar with a workout you can do from home.
J.Lo’s longtime trainer, David Kirsch, recently shared a five-move workout on Instagram that’s meant for those days you’re stuck at home (right now, every day). You only need a few tools to get the job done: a weighted medicine ball, kettlebells (or dumbbells), and a box or sturdy footstool—something that you can safely jump onto.
Between the weighted box jumps and decline pushups, it won’t take long to work up a sweat. Hey, who knows—with the help of Kirsch, we could emerge from our quarantine cocoons a little bit stronger.
View this post on Instagram
Train like Jennifer Lopez with a 5-move workout you can do at home
1. Weighted box jumps
- Stand in front of a box or sturdy footstool.
- With a weighted exercise ball in your hands, squat down and jump onto the box with both feet, landing in a squat.
- Carefully return to the floor one foot at a time and repeat.
2. Box jump side lunges
- Stand to the side of your box with your right foot on the box and the weighted exercise ball in both hands.
- Jump your left foot up to the box, replacing your right foot as you land into a side squat on the opposite side of the box.
- Alternate your feet, keeping a smooth motion as you jump and lunge from side to side.
3. Decline box pushups
- Get into a pushup position on the floor, then secure your feet on the box.
- Keeping your body in a 90-degree angle, raise your body down into a pushup.
- Straighten your arms and repeat.
4. Kettlebell overhead press squats
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart with a kettlebell in each hand.
- Rotate the kettlebells up toward your head so your arms are in a touchdown position.
- Squat, then press the kettle bells overhead.
- Rotate the kettlebells back down to your starting position and repeat.
5. Weighted box crunches
- Sit on the edge of your box with your hands supporting you and the weighted exercise ball between your knees.
- Crunch your body at a right angle, bringing your knees in toward your chest.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
More kettlebell arm exercises you can add to your workout at home:
Finish every workout with this simple move to avoid lower back pain. Then find out how changing the position of your feet can make a *huge* impact on your workout.
Loading More Posts...